|Titre :||China Tourism : Cross-cultural Studies|
|Auteurs :||Honggen Xiao, Auteur ; Mimi Li, Auteur|
|Type de document :||ouvrage|
|Editeur :||London, England : Routledge, 2015|
|Format :||137 p.|
|Index. décimale :||TOUR/ 58-7 (Management du tourisme et de l'hôtellerie)|
[Management] ASIE > ASIE > CHINE
[Management] MANAGEMENT > MANAGEMENT
[Management] MANAGEMENT > MANAGEMENT > MANAGEMENT INTERCULTUREL
Deriving from a special issue on "China Watching" (Journal of China Tourism Research), this book presents the readers with a collection of seven independent research reports that adopt cross-cultural communication and cultural studies approaches to China tourism. Topics covered include the authenticity in cultural diffusion, the articulation of China through tourism, cross-cultural comparison of vacation consumption interpretation, the Chinese gaze of Europe, influence of globalization and localization on the development of tourism, behavioral implications of Chinese outbound tourism, and citing behaviors of Chinese tourism researchers from foreign language sources.
The book will be of great interest to academic researchers, graduate students, policy makers, and destination managers who are interested in China tourism. The varied aspects covered, together with the engaging writing style, makes the text a pleasure to read.
This book was published as a special issue of the Journal of China Tourism Research.
|Note de contenu :||
1. Guest Editors Note
2. The Seductions of Soft Power: The Call for Multifronted Research Into the Articulative Reach of Tourism in China
3. Authentic Antipodean Chineseness? A Scholars Garden in Aotearoa/New Zealand
4. Chinese Outbound Tourism to the United Kingdom: Issues for Chinese and British Tour Operators
5. The Chinese Gaze: Imaging Europe in Travel Magazines
6. When the Global Meets the Local in TourismCultural Performances in Lijiang as Case Studies
7. Culture-Based Interpretation of Vacation Consumption
8. The Behavior of Citing: A Perspective on Science Communication Across Languages
|00161000262964||TOUR/ 58-7 XIA||Ouvrage||Médiathèque||Tourisme||Disponible|